In honor of this weekend coming to an end I wanted to share with you one of my favorite weekend re-set smoothie recipes. It's always best to be able to get the best of both words and nourish your body through the nutrients of natural nutrition.
Whether you went out a little too hard this weekend, or just want a little extra boost for your week ahead (and lets face it, who couldn't use a little vitamin kick) this yummy detoxifying smoothie is a sure way to get your body and digestive system back on track.
- 1/2 banana and/or 3/4 cup of greek yogurt: the potassium and probiotics will help bring soothe and back balance in your digestive system
- 3/4 cup of spinach or kale: to aid in restoring alkalinity in the body
- 1/2 small cucumber and slice of fresh lemon: also helps to promote alkalinity in the body
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries: the antioxidants in blueberries boost your immune system and help to undue some of the damage done over the weekend
- 1 cup of coconut water: helps restore electrolytes in the blood
- 1 knob of ginger (skinned): restores and eases the digestive track
- cinnamon & raw bee pollen to taste: will help to balance blood sugar
Mix all ingredients in a blender or bullet until smooth... serve and enjoy!
(**Add hemp, chia or extra bee pollen on top to garnish!)